Πέμπτη 4 Μαρτίου 2010

NEWS:DJ Premier & Joell Ortiz Speak On "Project Boy"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Almost any time DJ Premier is involved, the track seemingly jumps to one of the most anticipated and appreciated. Such has been the case with "
Project Boy " by Joell Ortiz, a cut that was produced by DJ Premier. But, Ortiz's involvement is also a treat for his fans, as Premo understands.

"Joell's a beast. He's definitely one of the illest New York lyricists, period, of this era," Premo noted. While the respect is mutual, Ortiz understood Premier's schedule can be hectic.

"Preme is a real busy dude," he said. But, regardless of that fact, Ortiz and Premo linked up.

The result of this is "Project Boy," a track that DJ Premier says is "a little left."

"With Joell, I knew I could go a little left and he would understand it without going, 'Nah, I need something for the club. I need a radio record.' I knew he would understand it...That's why I went in with that type of mentality. I really wanted to take it back to just chopping up a break."

Once Ortiz laid his vocals, which he had pre written on his Blackberry, Premier was impressed. "I'm definitely feeling what he said."

The Slaughterhouse emcee
felt the same, adding that it could be his favorite record.

"That's one of my favorite records that I've ever done. To be honest with you, that's one of my favorite records. It's called 'Project Boy' but you ain't gotta be from the projects, you just gotta know what it is to struggle and you'll feel that record."

WWW.HIPHOPDX.COM

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου